Monday, January 14, 2013

DA Jan Sketch Challenge


Wow, it's been almost a year since I last managed to complete a LO. My personal life has been a bit of a roller coaster ride of late but I'm determined to regain control. One way is to start doing things I love and enjoy which brings me straight to scrapbooking.
I decided to start slow and steady by selecting a sketch challenge to participate in. Dusty Attic is one of my favourite products and I have a ton of their chippies in my stash so I thought that would be the perfect place to start. 
The DA January sketch has lots of layers and I really enjoyed working with it. It also left a lot of room for your own personal interpretation and no specific piece was required so even though my stash is a year old I managed to use plenty of pieces.

Here's a close-up of the flower cluster I made over the DA corner piece using a combination of some Prima florals and mini roses from Iamroses.com. 

For the circle in the sketch I decided to make a floral circle with the DA mini scrolls which I painted white and added some Sage Creative Inspiration Paints to the leaves. I then used a mini rose in the centre of each vine and arranged these in a circle on the LO.

Thanks for having a look and I'm really glad to be back. I hope to complete a lot more LO's over the next few weeks. I may stick to sketch's for the time being until my creative juices are in full swing again. It also seems I have a lot of catching up to do technique wise but I look forward to learning getting my hands dirty again.

4 comments:

  1. nice to see your back - gorgeous lo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see your work again. Lovely layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I know a little about Lifes roller coaster rides!!I've been on one for a couple of years now!! Glad to see your beautiful work again!! Just Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create lovely work and I've enjoyed your tutorials about making flowers! Thanks, creative greetz Miranda

    ReplyDelete