Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tutorial ~ UTEE Embossed & Inked Background



I recently did a LO making my own bg using only white CS, UTEE and distress ink (post below this one) and have since been asked for more details by several people so I thought I'd do a quick step-by-step tutorial to demonstate just how easy it really is. I've checked the Ranger site for existing tutorials but only found those using the melting pot. This is obviously a much simpler way of using the product but has great end results.


What you need

Heating tool
UTEE (I used Ranger brand)
Embossing ink
Distress ink
Blending tool
Stamps
Cardstock

STEP 1

Stamp image onto carstock with embossing ink. For my demo I used an Elegant Script stamp. If you want your image to appear faded around the edges you can wipe the embossing ink off with a paper towel before stamping the image onto your carstock.










STEP 2

Liberally cover your stamped image with the UTEE. To demonstrate I made 2 examples using black UTEE on one and clear UTEE on the other
 











STEP 3
Dust off excess UTEE powder onto a craft mat or scrap paper. Pour back into container. Heat stamped image using a heat gun.


 











STEP 4
After the image has been embossed you can then go back and lightly emboss the corners of the cs. You will need to do this step 2-3 times until you get your desired look. Just take your embossing ink pad a lightly dab the CS. cover with UTEE powder, dust off excess and return to jar













STEP 5
Heat the UTEE on the corners, wait for it to dry (which should take only a few seconds), dab some more embossing ink, add UTEE powder and heat again. Repeat this until you have the finished look you want. For the "black" demo I embossed the corners heavily and for the "clear" demo I lightly dabbed the corner with embossing ink and sprinkled the UTEE to get a scattered look.













STEP 6
Using distress ink and a blending tool if you have, ink over the embossed image. You can use several different colours or a single colour of your choice. You'll notice that the CS colour on the clear embossed image will shine through. For my demo I used a combination of Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain.

AND HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT


7 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much for this tutorial Wendy! It's really fabulous and I can't wait to try it! I should be getting my black and platinum UTEE today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you thank you thank you !!!!!! One of the best posts I have seen this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! Now, I need to get me some UTEE (and an embossing tool, and that beautiful scrip stamp!)! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Tutorial. I need to get some UTEE to try it out! TFS!

    ReplyDelete