Wednesday, February 24, 2010

~ ERI ~

When my dd was born part of the reason we chose the name Erin was that it was short and could therefore not be shortened into a nickname...........if only we knew! Erin has had several nicknames in her short 4 years. Everything from "The Erinator" because of a very destructive personality to "Eri Peri" because she has a bite like peri-peri.....LOL! Now she's just Eri (hence the page title)
This LO was done for a couple of challenge on the site. The colour challenge for Feb was pale yellow and pink. This is also for the "Use your supllies challenge" which is 4 challenges in 1 (diffrent challenge per week). I started off doing this for week 4 which required that you only use supplies OLDER than 6 months. Well I had a good start with the pic and pp's but then everything went pear shape when I couldn't resist adding some mist and liquid pearls (which are only about 3 months old). So I'll submit it for week 3 instead which required using punches or die cuts to make other items. I used the small and medium size 6 petal punches to make the paper roses. The tutorial by Gabrielle is listed on the right of my blog.
The design is based on a sketch by Beghuna.

This is just a close-up of the little roses which I punch out of the checked pp. I just love making these. They're time consuming but just so adorable.

I used an old butterfly die cut as a mask here. It's amazing what you can do with items in your stash that you think you'll never use again.

Monday, February 15, 2010

~ Pucker Up ~

This is my dd Erin just before she turned 3. I just love this pic of her puckering up for a kiss. She used to love blowing kisses to anyone who would take them. I did this LO for week 1 of the "Use your supplies" challenge on You had to use 2 or more pp's for this challenge. I used the Kaiser Flutterby collection for this LO.

The twist for the challenge was to cut something from the pp so I cut 2 butterflies and then layered them, added some stickles and gems and viola!!

I also tried doing these heart flowers which were this weeks item in the "Technique Tuesday" group on the Pages In Time site. The tutorial link posted by Alda Steven (Flying Unicorn)is posted on the right hand of my blog with some other great tutorials. I not completely happy with how my flowers came out so I'll try them again another time perhaps using some printed paper instead of plain cardstock.

Here are some more close-ups

Sunday, February 7, 2010

~ Boys with @itude ~

I finally had a few free hours to do a LO. This is my ds Jarrod (on the left) with one of his best friends. the pic was taken the day of their Hip Hop exam in 2008. I did this Lo for a couple of challenges on I always struggle with boy LO's and always end up using the same old techniques, namely: painting, paper tearing and a lot of distressing.

I painted the backround cardstock with some black craft paint using an old toothbrush. It's such a fun technique. I used the same paint on the picture to give a more ditressed finish

I followed GarielleP's cabbage cardstock flower tutorial for these "flowers" but tried to make them not look feminine by scrunching them up and adding a lot of chalk and mist. I then attached them to a contrasting piece of cardstock which I also ditressed.

Here are a few more close-up of the various embellishments and finishes I used to create a distressed finish to the LO