Wednesday, April 13, 2011

~Proud Brother

~
This layout was done for the "All things Faux" March call at SNR. I absolutely love this picture of my oldest son holding his baby brother when he was just a few weeks old. He really does look like a very proud brother.

I used the textured flower tutorial featured in the March issue of SNR. I will be posting a copy of the tutorial later this month. I absolutely LOVE these flowers and can't wait to make a whole lot more of them. The leaves are stamps by Heartfelt creations which have been inked with Ranger distress inks.

 
Now this was my favourite part of making this LO. I used my very best scrapping buddie, Lisa Valentines's
Faux Leather Background tutorial. Don't you just love the look of this and it's such a simple technique. Lisa has incredible talent and a knack for making the most gorgeous accents out of nothing!!!

I made my own flourishes using some mint perfect pearls and Espresso Dimensional pearls on some transparency. I have a ton of pearl flourishes in my stash and yet I still favour making my own ones....silly hey!

Last but certainly not least, I used some of my favourite chipboard pieces from Dusty Attic. I first painted them with some metallic paints and then embossed them with some vintage photo distress embossing powder and finished them off by inking them with some walnut stain distress ink.


3 comments:

  1. A beautiful layout with beautiful tones. Reminds me of our boys (6 years apart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Wendy. Can't wait to see the tutorial on your flower. Thanks so much for the shout out!! Your faux leather is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous layout Wendy! Awesome picture! Love the leather look and that flower is phenomenal! I'm waiting for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete