Thursday, July 1, 2010

~ My Big Brother ~ PIT Thurs Sketch


This was the Thursday Sketch over at Pages In Time. Each week a new sketch is posted in the Thurs Sketch Group so come along and join in the fun, you'll be just in time for the NEW weeks sketch. All LO's posted are added to Karen's Blog for all to admire.

Here is my take on the sketch. When I first saw the sketch I immediately thought "GIRLY LO" but then I got home, looked at the pics I had on hand that would fit the design and decided to put my own spin on it by adding a little GRUNGE!!! So yes, there's loads of paper tearing, scrunching and everything is DISTRESSED to the MAX.....LOL!!! I don't think my 11 year old son would be too happy if I did a "girly" LO with pics with him in.......hmmmmm

Here is a close up of the grungy flower I made from book pages which I misted and obviously DISTRESSED A LOT!!!. The lovely flourish is from Niklindesigns1225.etsy.com. She has some of the most spectacular paper flourishes!!! The flowers tutorial will be a future featured item in my DIY....because you can group over at Pages in Time and is also one of this months twist options for my July DIY challenge at Sb.com. Both challenges have a RAK on offer so if you like making you own embellishments then come on over to iether or both groups and join in.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous lo, Wendy!!! Love that flower, can't wait to see the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the color palette and that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous lo!! Wow! Love that flourish!

    ReplyDelete