Monday, June 21, 2010

~ Mommy's Angel~



This is my DS Matthew just a few weeks old. I just LOVE new borns and can't believe his 14 months old already. It seems like this pic was taken just the other day.
I used the water distressing technique on this one. At least I TRIED to do it but wasn't very sucessful. I can tell you that it's a lot harder than it looks to get the paper to crease just right. I think I wet my pp's too much which made the paper harder to work with. I eventually decided to just leave it as is, let it dry and then inked it. Hopefully I'll do a better job next time.



I made another one of my braided vines for this one. I used the vine to cover the edges of the distressed circle and hide all the intidy bits underneath...LOL!

I took apart a rose vine I bought from Katie's etsy shop, misted the roses blue and emerald green and then braided them into the cord.






I made all these blooms myself. The centre bloom is the Paperbag flower by the talented Lisa Gregory. I'm a huge fan of her work and LOVE her flower tutorials. I'm using this tutorial as this weeks featured tut in my DIY.....because you CAN group over at PIT.  The Organza Blooms are ALSO Lisa's creations and are super easy to make and will be an upcoming featured tutorial.


Here's a close-up of Lisa's brown paperbag flower. In the tut she says you can used coffee filter paper or even cardstock but I personally highly recommend using the paperbag as it delivers the best results and the flower stays the sames and doesn't flatten out as it does with the coffee filter paper. I used the smooch emerald green mist on this one.

2 comments:

  1. Girl i love your style and you have me so hooked on making flowers now, thanks a bunch.......LOL

    ReplyDelete