Thursday, January 13, 2011

~ Santa's Helpers ~


This is a LO I did for a call over at SNR. I had just started as a staffer there and the deadline for calls was a few days away  and my mojo had left the buliding!!! Needless to say,  I paniced a little....LOL! I had started working on this Christmas LO about 18 months ago but wasn't happy with it so it was packed away in my cupboard gathering dust. Because of the time restrainst, I decided I would see if I could bring it back to life. The original had petaloo poinsettias's on which I wasn't so crazy about since I've recently developed a passion to making my own embellishments so I whipped those off the page and replaced them with these great handmade ones I made using the very talented and my good friend Amarilys Poinsettia tutorial

I added a little water distressing to the corners, threw in some bling and we were good to go. It's still not a favourite LO of mine but i was happy enough with it to submit it. I can promise you one thing though, next year's Christmas layouts are going to be a hell of a lot better....LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you are talking about but this layout is awesome! LOVE how the red poinsettias pop out at you and that water distressed corner is just what that corner needed!

    ReplyDelete