Sunday, February 13, 2011

~Little Miss Attitude~

This was the layout I did for the SNR January Colour Inspiration call. These calls are exclusive to the SNR staffers and can be great fun. We are given 3 inspiration pieces and 2 colour palettes to choose from. Once you've made your selection then you have to use these to create a layout or card.

This is the inspiration piece and colour palette I selected. I was not only drawn to the design of the inspiration piece but also to the elements in the piece. I knew I could use my ballerina bloom tutorial to represent the fluffy flower in the bottom left picture. I also had a beautiful Dusty Attic chandelier piece I could use to represent the light fitting in the inspiration piece. I combined the lace and the ruffles of the cake icing to make the ruffled lace at the bottom of the photo.
I decided to use the design of the inspiration piece as my bg design. I used white cardstock which I then inked with various combinations of distress inks. I used aged mahogany, scattered straw, worn lipstick, walnut stain. I placed the photo in the centre of the design to put my own spin on the inspiration piece design as I did not want to duplicate it exactly.

These calls can be great fun and I hope you check back next month for the February piece which is my all time favourite of the ones I've done so far.
If you're a SNR subscriber then check it out in the mag on the 17th when the Feb issue is published.  

1 comment: