Sunday, February 13, 2011
This made everything that much more difficult.
I decided to approached the challenge from a different angle. If I couldn't use colour to add interest to my layout then I'd use various textures instead.
I first painted my red cs with some red acrylic paint which I them sprinkled with some very fine glitter while it was still wet. Once that dried I added a piece of red corrugated board which I framed with red string beads. I used a piece of embossed metal sheeting to frame my photo. I coloured the metal with some raisin alcohol ink (the metal is much redder IRL). I also handcut some metal flowers which were also coloured with some raisin alcohol ink and layered with some painted Prima blooms and red pearls.
To finish off I coloured some rhinestone alphas with alcohol ink for my title lettering.
Even though this is not one of my favourite layouts I've ever done, I was excited to have met the criteria of the challenge and produced an interesting layout if nothing else.