Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Laugh together....(CSI #172)

Hi again.
I finally managed to get a new LO done.

This one I did for the August Major Case File #172 over at CSI. I love that they've added a monthly challenge now. It's great for slow scrappers like me that never seem to be able to get a project done for any weekly challenges.
I absolutely love the colours for this month challenge, the ladies over at CSI really know their stuff!!

I decided to keep it simple and did a straight forward copy of the sketch provided. I used all 5 colours as required.
My two "evidence" elements are twine and leaves.
For my "testimony" I used question #7 from the August questions. "What memories did you think about today?". My journaling is on the two mini tags above the picture and reads as follows...
"There used to be a time when the two of you were inseparable, but now it seems all you do is fight!! I sincerely hope that you find your way back to each other when you're older and need each other."

I had originally planned on doing a LO using some vacation pics but while I was sorting through my pics I could hear my two youngest having a fight in the background yet AGAIN!! They've been driving me stark crazy the past few months with the constant bickering. I was about to go and have one of my "Moms gone nuts" fits when I spotted the pic I eventually used in my LO. Just seeing the two of them together like that made me long for that period when they were soooo close. Erin hardly ever left her baby brothers side and he hug on to her every word and followed her around like a little puppy. I know the fighting is just part of growing up but life was sooo much more peaceful when they actually liked each other. Call me selfish.....but I want peace and quiet again (not likely for at least another dozen or so years.......AAAHHH!)


I'm so glad I finally got to use some of my Prima flowers that I've had in my stash for a few years now.
I also tried a technique I found while browsing online. I can't seem to find the link again unfortunately but basically all you do is add embossing powder over wet textured paste and then heat with a heat gun from under the paper. I used some of my LSG powder which has a fantastic metallic finish. I really love the finished look and will definitely use the technique again. I have a feeling it may be from the LSG site.

Thanks for the visit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diva!! It's so good to have you back in the scrapping world! I've missed you and your work! I hope all is well, besides the fighting kids. Lol! This page is so gorgeous!! I love the embossed paste and how you framed that fabulous photo!!
    (Hugs)
    Drea

    ReplyDelete