Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Gorgeous~~



Ok, so it took longer than expected to get another LO done.......If only life would show some consideration to my crafty needs....LOL!!

If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!.... These are words I drum into my kids heads all the time so I've taken my own advice and have once again used the Dusty Attic mood board as my inspiration.
 The September mood board is absolutely stunning and features some of my favourite colour combinations. I used FabScraps Dreamy Meadows PP as my base and then just added strips of FabScraps Vintage Pin in pink with some alpha stickers as a foundation for my background. I used the FabScraps stencil DS004 with textured paste to create some texture
I added some mist sprays in various shades of pink and purple once the paste had dried and then used some distressed background stamps from Tattered Angels as a finishing touch to the background.
I chose to use  DA Corner Flourish #2 (DA0629) which I cut up into 2 separate pieces and tucked under my flowers. I first painted them with some white gesso and then lightly dusted them with some Broken China distress ink for a soft blue finish. I also used some DA Mini Vines (DA0370) to create the circle. I painted the mini rosebuds with 2 shades of blue Liquid Pearls and placed each one on a set of brass metal mini leaves I found in a local craft store.
I used a Dusty in Bloom flower together with a Prima Mountain Lilly, which I also cut in 2, as part of my floral arrangement around the photo.

Thanks for taking the time !!!


8 comments:

  1. WOW - I love how you have used the mini flourishes to make the circle frame !
    Thank you for playing along with the Mood Board this month, its a gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - that vine circle is so clever! I love it! Thanks for playing along at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very dreamy and beautiful!! Love love how you created a perfect wreath!! Thank You for joining us at Dusty Attic for the Mood Board Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply STUNNING! Just adore how you've used the colours and that pretty circle...gorgeous! And yes, Life should let you scrap more often, for sure!!! THanks for sharing with us at Dusty Attic this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its such a beauty! Love the romantic mood of this LO and you used the colors s beautifully together! Thank you SO much for playing with Dusty Attic this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic take on the sketch! The chippies look fab! Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation! I too love how you have used the mini vines to create the circle. Very clever!!! Thank you for playing along with this month's mood board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely use of different Dusty Chipboard pieces...great use to decorate your pretty photo! Thank you so much for playing along with us this month!

    ReplyDelete