Wednesday, March 31, 2010

~ Birthday Fairy ~


This pic was taken on Erin's 4th Birthday. She had a Fairy Princess party and I'm soooo glad I got some pics because she took her costume off 5 minutes after the party started...LOL!
I made this LO to use as an example LO for the April DIY challenge I'm hosting at sb.com. This month I added a twist to the challenge. You get an extra vote for using an embellishment made from 3 pre-selected tutorials. You can also earn an extra 2 votes for creating your very own tutorial. That means you can earn a total of 5 EXTRA votes if you're really creative.....


The first tutorial I used was the Mini recycled rose tutorial which I was sooo excited to stumble across because I have hundreds of loose small flowers that I've grown bored of and now I've been inspired to make use of them again. For this rose I used 5 Hydranger flowers. Here's the link


For the green organza flower I used Gabrielle's Kanzashi pointed petal bloom tutorial. These are so easy to make Gabrielle's tutorial is really easy to follow. All you need is just a small piece of fabric and you can make something really beautiful at a minimal cost.
Here's the link for this one:
The 3rd tutorial I selected for the twist was the pearl flourishes. These are so easy to make and you can use a variety of paints. Some people do them with fabric paint or puff paint. I used some Ranger liquid pearls which are super easy to work with. Here's the link:

http://www.swirlydoos.com/page.php?46

This stunning Magnolia is part of the Lavender Magnolia kit from Katie's Etsy shop. This Kit really is stunning IRL.

One of my favourite technique to use on a LO is lacing. I simply adore the effect and probably over use it sometimes. Here I just tore a moon shape out of the paper and then laced it together with 2 different ribbons meeting in the middle.





I cut the fairy out of the pp (Kaiser flutterby collection), added some stickles to the wings, inked the rest of the edges and used pop dots to give the 3D effect.






These butterflies also come with the kit as well as the pins, rik rak, pearl strings, pearl vine which I entwined with the magnolia vine and the pretty little pearls I scattered on the right side of the LO.
Here's the link to katie's etsy shop. This is is real value for money at only $5.75.









9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! Seriously, you did an excellent job here! The design is amazing and the lacing is wonderful! So very pretty in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Wendy!! this lo is my favorite of yours so far!! incredibly beautiful details!! she looks sooooooooooo adorable as a fairy!! Beautiful details Wendy amazing lo!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the woven ribbon and the lovely magnolia. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work! Had to come on over and find your blog!!! Thanks for the sweet comments on my work at scrapbook.com.

    ~SnapWhiz, aka....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh WOW!!! There are some amazing tutorials in there that I'm just going to HAVE to try this weekend!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I must check out the rose tutorial they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful. off to check out your tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful!! I am for sure going to check out those tutorials!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is gorgeous -- thanks for sharing all the fabulous tutorials you used to create it!

    ReplyDelete