Tuesday, March 9, 2010

~ Precious Dreams ~


This is my little darling Matthew just a few weeks old. I just love watching babies sleep, they're just so precious and I'm so glad I have this pic to rekindle those emotions. I decided that I had become far too engrossed in challenges and had somehow lost my own "style" along the way so this LO was done for pure enjoyment with no rules to follow and I must admit that I'm absolutely delighted with the result and feel like this is definitely a "Wendy Page" as my mom would call it. This is a really busy page with a lot going on so here's a brief summary of the pieces.

I made this flower myself by following Gariella's round petal tutorial which you can find the link to along the right of my blog under "tutorials". I wanted to make my own flower to use as an example for the new "D.I.Y" challenge I want to start on sb.com where entrants will be required to have made something themselves on the LO and hopefully I'll find a whole bunch of new tutorials which I mus confess I've become totally addicted to.

Now this butterfly is one of my favourite Prima purchases I got online from franticstamper.com, they are incredibly beautiful IRL and worth every over priced cent.....LOL!

These beautiful vines were actually a single large vine I received as a gift from my dear friend Katie. She sells these amasing works of art in her etsy shop which can also find the link to along the right of the blog (now how convinient is that....LOL). I halved the vine, misted it with a combination of antique brass and chocolate mist. I also intertwined a prima pearl vine

These large embellishments can sometimes be a nightmare to attach to the LO so I simply sewed it on with some thread. If you look at this close-up under the leaf you'll see the thread.

I used some "tattered leather" mist on these flowers to bring out the brown against all the yellow and gold. I just love the new range of white flowers from prima that allow you to change the colours to suit your needs, yet another brilliant concept Prima have come up with.

To finish off I just punched out a few of these mini butterflies, added some glitter and liquid pearls and scattered them around the LO randomly. They're so cute.....

This is just another close up of the title letters and the weaving of the ribbon with the lace which I put on top of some gold mesh I've had in my stash for as long as I've been scrapping and have finally got round to using.
Hope you like and TFL

1 comment:

  1. I already commented on this over at SB.com...but I'll say it again...absolutely lovely layout! The picture is precious!

    ReplyDelete