Monday, May 23, 2011

~Say Cheese~

I was in the mood for trying something different for this LO. I had recently watched a video tutorial for a mixed media art journaling and was curious if I would be able to translate the technique into a background for a LO. I'll be posting a detailed tutorial for this background shortly but I'd like to just focus a little on the other details first for a moment.
I used this gorgeous vine I got from my dear friend Katie's etsy shop. The sunflower bloom at the base was from my stash. Don't you just love it when you discover just the PERFECT item that been lying in your stash forever and ever, I had to shake the dust off this one...LOL!!!







The oicture had a really busy background so I painted the photo with some mint coloured paint so that only the image of my DD was left. This was for the April änything but sugar"call over at SNR. My DD who was only about 2 at the time had stolen a block of cheese out of the fridge and was munching on it when we happened to walk into the kitchen and bust her....of course we had to take a picture first!!

Keep a look out for the detailed tutorial coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is just adorable, and I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete