Sunday, May 22, 2011

~Tough Guy~

This is a pic of my son taken for a fancy dress. The theme was "rock stars" and my DS went as Robbie Williams. I love his pose in this pic, my pretty boy trying sooo hard to look mean...LOL!!

I did this LO for the grunge call for the April issue of SNR. I used a combination of inks, metal and pastes to obtain the grunge look.


For the title I used some Ten Seconds Studio metal which I turned over onto the wrong side and wrote each word backwards using a defining tool. I also made a border using the same tool drawing squiggles. I then turned the piece right side over and sanded the raised edges.
I ran another piece of metel through my cuttlebug to create some texture and sanded the raised edges down. I then tore the metal leaving jagged edges.

I took a tribal Dusty Attic chipboard piece and cut it in half. I painted it with some black and gold Liquirex acrylic ink and then used the 2 pieces to round a corner of the photo. I also used the Dusty Attic brick wall as part of my background which was painted with the same acrylic ink.

To finish off I made the grungy version of the Prima Deschire bloom which I will be posting a tutorial for shortly. As a last minute addition I added some Golden pumice gel which I painted with some metallic acrylic ink once it had dried.
TFL

1 comment: