Wednesday, June 15, 2011

~Pretty as a Flower~

This layout was done for the May Colour Inspiration call at SNR. Each month we're provided with 3 images and 2 colour paletts to select from. We then need to use our selected colour palett and the image we select as inspiration to create a layout.

This is the image I selected for May
I used my Dusty Attic chipboard piece to represent the gate in my inspiration piece. I would've loved to have had some of those fantastic Dustic Attic gate pieces but I couldn't afford to wait the 3 weeks shipping time to SA so I made the best of what I had on hand. I added some floral pieces above my chipboard to mimic the inspiration piece.
  I used some more Dusty Attic scrolls to represent the wall hangings in the inspiration pieces. I added some mini roses to the top. I painted the scroll with some Creative Inspiration paints and added some pearls to finish it off.

All in all, this was a loose translation of the inspiration piece. the Prima paper I used as my background added just the right amount of busy floral.

TFL

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful stunning page, love the color pallette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous...Scrumptious color palette!!

    ReplyDelete