Monday, June 13, 2011

~Special Bond~

This is a pic of my youngest two taken when we were on Vacation in the Drakensburg. I used the swirlydoos Moulin Rouge kit for this layout. I also decided to try the sketch that came with the kit. The sketch made it easy to place some of the lovely Prima embellishments that came in the kit. I am totally inlove with the Prima paper collection in this kit too. Krissy is a superstar at putting them together.
This layout was also featured in the May issue of SNR.

When I first saw the large feather that came in the kit I had no idea how I would use it without it looking totally ridiculous. Using the sketch resolved this. By simply placing the feather behind my paper  circle helped it to blend into the layout without over powering it.

I used the Prima flowers to follow the lines of the circle. I broke the vine up into three pieces and positioned them between the Prima blooms.
I also used one of my mini Prima masks on the top right corner with some vintage photo distress ink. For some finishing touches I added some Zva Creative pearl flourishes and Prima pearls which I scattered randomly on the paper circle.

3 comments:

  1. Totally adorable and you did a great job working in the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the masking your page is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete