Tuesday, June 8, 2010

~ PARIS ~



This is my DH and his best friend in Paris during the 2007 Rugby World Cup. My hubby's the senior rugby reporter for the Independent Newspaper group in South Africa and was therefore selected to cover the World Cup which I'm very proud to say SA won!! He was in France for about 7 weeks and several of his friends went over for brief visits to watch a couple games.

He took some amasing pictures and it's so hard to select only a few for a LO. What we've done though is download most of them onto the digital frame for all to appreciate.

I did this LO as an example for my June DIY challenge using the Dry Rose tutorial by the fabulous Lidia. They're really fun to make and I just love the finished effect. I also did a lot of paper twisting and inking on the background paper to give an overall distressed look.


Here's a close-up of the roses. Aren't they just fabulous!!! I sprayed the cardstock with some glimmer mist and then tore the circles before the paper had dried so I got some really great distressed edges. I then inked the edges with some Lava black chalk.



I usually struggle with the finishing touches for masculine Lo's but I thought it ok to use these because they're so distressed.



I did some criss-cross stitching with some ribbon to seperate the main pic from the 3 smaller ones. I also used this technique to frame the corner of the main photograph. I love using ribbon on my LO's, it seems to add just the right amount of flair......








I had this picture of the Eiffel tower but had run out of space on the LO so I decided to cut the tower out of the picture and use it as the "i" in "Paris". A little corney I know, but I HAD to have the Eiffel Tower in a LO of Paris afterall!!!








2 comments:

  1. Wendy, this is a beautiful page. You did a great job distressing the paper. Love all of those little touches. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the paper distressing. Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete