Monday, June 14, 2010

~ Viva SA ~




These are my darling kids in their Soccer supporter shirts the morning of the Soccer World Cup kick off here in South Africa. I did this LO for the colour challenge over at sb.com. This months challenge was to select one of the country's in the world cup and use the colours of their flag in your LO. I obviously selected SA. I must just tell you that scrapping with primary colours is a HUGE challenge for me. This is the first time I've ever tried and I must confess, I prefer toned down colour pallets.



I used Lisa Gregory's Ribbon Flower tutorial to make all the blooms on this LO using ribbon in all the colours of the flag. They're really easy to make and can be dressed up or down depending on the centre you use. I added some Prima pearl centres to the white flowers and an old button to the black. For the smaller flowers making the circle I just used some pearls that I found in a local beading store.
I made the flourishes with some liquid pearls and then doodled around them to make them pop against the black cardstock. This LO is also for the no pp's and doodle challenge at sb.com.  When time is limited but you still want to participate in challenges, I try and combine a couple in 1 LO......cheating I know, but what's a girl supposed to do???/

1 comment: